PDA

View Full Version : my 5 gallon fowlr

E572
03/18/2015, 05:37 PM
Hope im posting in the right place. Just got this cycled and added a few inhabitants. Its in the bathroom at my flower shop to entertain those that venture in there. Has a damsel, hermit crab and a snail that was on a piece of the LR I purchased. only four hours in but everyone is doing well. Any thoughts on if I can add anything else in here or am I full? Any fish the damsel would get along with? this is a Marineland Portrait 5 gallon and has led but I'm not sure if it will grow any coral. I would only want one if any, but feel like it still needs a few things, just not sure what. Any thoughts would be great. :beer:

Lotuaw
03/20/2015, 07:31 AM
hi there i would say as far as more fish go you have a full tank, and i have a damsel my self i call him jerk fish for a resign dont get me wrong i love him but he is all i can really have in my 12 safely. as far as your coral goes you will need to find out the output of that light but i would say go with something really easy like a leather tree. well best of luck :thumbsup:

soulpatch
03/20/2015, 10:37 AM
you could add sexy shrimp to add some more life if that is what you are looking for but I agree with that size tank you are maxed on fish.

E572
03/20/2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks to you both. I think I will do a shrimp and be happy with that. It's still going great and looks wonderful. I think my light is to low output for coral so I'm going to get another in a few weeks. thanks again for the input!!!

Mose
03/20/2015, 10:05 PM
I have that same tank and have some zoanthids in it that are doing fine.

E572
03/22/2015, 04:24 PM
Awesome, I'll try one for sure. Thanks for the response. I love this tank!!

E572
03/26/2015, 04:33 PM
Added a zoanthid to my tank, seems to be ok.

KorD
03/27/2015, 02:43 PM
nice looking tank. Zoas, mushrooms, and mostly all soft corals will do fine in there.
I had a Blue Damsel once... actually for about 6 months before he decided to be the meanest fish in the tank... after about trying to catch him for 3 hours, I finally got the evil fish into a bag and donated him to the LFS. The LFS put him into their 500 gal stingray and fish tank they have there.. right now the damsel is being the master of the tank.. he is bossing around the stingrays and also the trigger fish. He is the smallest fish in there, but thinks he is the biggest..LOL

TriggersAmuck
03/28/2015, 06:21 PM
Your tank is looking good so far! A feather duster would be a striking, easy addition. And like KorD said, some colorful mushrooms (blue, green, reddish brown) do pretty well with little assistance or lighting. And with a lower tech setup like that, Zoads should spread pretty nicely. Just be aware (if you aren't already) that Zoads are highly toxic (to humans/animals/etc). Read up on them before handling them at all.