PDA

View Full Version : LTA help:/ and suggestions.

ThisCityIsDead
03/20/2015, 09:20 AM
Okay, so I'm attempting another LTA. I was told these were hardier than the BTA.

My nem is dark brown in color, so that's a good thing.
Also, I was told that b-ionic (two part calcium buffer) would help the nem as well as the corals in my tank.

I read more on the Anenomnes and I purchased a pvc pipe buried it in my live sand and placed the foot in to help the Anenomne stick it's food. I know last time it had it its foot half exposed because it stuck to the wall of the aquarium.

Question, I have the nem placed at the bottom of the tank, but right now I am running 4 ATI bulbs (54w) per bulb. My tank is a 75G tank. I have had it for 7 months now, going on 8. The last attempt was when my tank was only 5months old. :|

Salinity is 1.024.
pH 8.0
AMONIA 0.
na 0.
Ni 0.
Cal. 510.
dkh 13.
Phosphates 0

I also read that dosing iodine is good for the nem...?

addictedreefer
03/20/2015, 09:54 AM
Okay, so I'm attempting another LTA. I was told these were hardier than the BTA.

My nem is dark brown in color, so that's a good thing.
Also, I was told that b-ionic (two part calcium buffer) would help the nem as well as the corals in my tank.

I read more on the Anenomnes and I purchased a pvc pipe buried it in my live sand and placed the foot in to help the Anenomne stick it's food. I know last time it had it its foot half exposed because it stuck to the wall of the aquarium.

Question, I have the nem placed at the bottom of the tank, but right now I am running 4 ATI bulbs (54w) per bulb. My tank is a 75G tank. I have had it for 7 months now, going on 8. The last attempt was when my tank was only 5months old. :|

Salinity is 1.024.
pH 8.0
AMONIA 0.
na 0.
Ni 0.
Cal. 510.
dkh 13.
Phosphates 0

I also read that dosing iodine is good for the nem...?

Don't dose anything that you are not testing for. Also, although LTAs are hardier than most host anemones, I think most would agree that BTAs are the "easiest" of all to care for.

NYCBOB
03/20/2015, 02:33 PM
bta is easier than lta. no need to dose anything if u r keeping simple corals and an anemone. regular water change is sufficient. 4x54w t5 is enough for ur 75 gallon.

ThisCityIsDead
03/20/2015, 06:58 PM
bta is easier than lta. no need to dose anything if u r keeping simple corals and an anemone. regular water change is sufficient. 4x54w t5 is enough for ur 75 gallon.

Wonder why my nems keep dying then. My LTA is omplaced itself where my last LTA was and died. Which is in the corner of the tank (back side of the tank)