PDA

View Full Version : Oh man back from a 3 week business trip...argh.

JammyBirch
03/20/2015, 03:46 PM
Just got back from Korea, what a mess. Algae in the sand bed, bubble algae on a rock...sump looks like someone painted it green.

Skimmer had a snail plugging the intake, and my GFO pump tube got pulled off or popped off of the pump. Someone tell Murphy I need a break, 20% water change! and some scrubbing.

Other than it looking terrible my SPS corals look amazing. The deep water has encrusted the rock it on and my red cap, which I thought I would lose a month ago, is huge and a nice deep color. These things love the filth, too bad it looks so bad.

mcgyvr
03/20/2015, 04:02 PM
Welcome Home :)
Now get to work!!

Pife
03/20/2015, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a happy mess. Good luck with the clean up.

JammyBirch
03/20/2015, 05:56 PM
Sounds like a happy mess. Good luck with the clean up.

All over it, I just got a new milli acro, and a weird stylo bumpy thing...lol the wife has no argument, since the tank fell out of the ugly tree on her watch.

Mixed up a batch of RC and pumped it in...luckily I had some dry rock that I took out from before, to swap out the rock in the sump...I'm going to dry that stuff out and try to get rid of the calpera algae. That stuff is the root of the sump problems. I think over feeding is what nuked the DT.

Tomorrow is a full scale parameter measure and more adjustments, probably new GFO.