PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mr BTA. Thanks.

Whiterabbitrage
03/22/2015, 12:14 PM
My BTA has been moving around the same patch of rock ever since he was moved into the new tank. Round and round, trying to find a good, comfy spot. This morning I find him with his tenticles touching the Birdsnest. Even worse he is sitting squarly on top of my favorite Zoas. They were a rare color combo and I never saw any like them before. His butt/ foot has completely covered the frag. He looks very comfy. My beautiful Zoas..... Gone.

Thanks Mr BTA. Thanks a lot.

ViktorVaughn
03/22/2015, 12:56 PM
This is what keeps me from grabbing one. I really would like one but I dread what it could do to my SPS if and when it decides it doesn't like my placement.

PhaneSoul
03/22/2015, 01:00 PM
Obviously he wanted a cushion to sit on XD

wrott
03/22/2015, 01:28 PM
The zoas are probably just closed up. The sting is on the tenticles, so they should open up went it moves again. I have a BTA under a Mont cap, it doesn't really effect the monti at all. As long as the corals are healthy, they will survive, just not where they are touching tenticles.

Whiterabbitrage
03/22/2015, 07:16 PM
Obviously he wanted a cushion to sit on XD

Exactly. Nice, squishy, plump Zoas to sit on. It's like a beanbag for Nems.
Plus the more expensive the Zoas, the more comfy. :headwally:

ShannyG
03/22/2015, 07:54 PM
Anemones are [profanity].

rovster
03/22/2015, 08:58 PM
You don't like it, get it out. Obviously it ain't happy in your tank. Problem solved:p

pyithar
03/22/2015, 08:58 PM
my bta is also moving all the time. it's been next to almost all the corals in my tank sps, lps, and softies. the only coral damaged was favia.

ReefPharmer
03/22/2015, 09:27 PM
Oddly enough I have a bta that will not move no matter what. its been in the same rock for over a year and has gone through a tank change, placement changes etc and it stays in the rock. Lucky for me ofcourse.

Big_Boss_77
03/23/2015, 02:46 AM
I don't want to comment for fear of jynxing myself... but mine has only moved once and that was for a day. Luckily he picked his spot before I got my expensive corals. OP, I guess you could look at it optimistically and say at least he hasn't went airborne through a power head... you could shade him till he moves of your zoas again, a thought at least.

ausgus09
03/23/2015, 09:58 AM
point a powerhead directly at the BTA. They don't like strong direct flow, he'll move in minutes

rovster
03/24/2015, 11:49 AM
point a powerhead directly at the BTA. They don't like strong direct flow, he'll move in minutes

Mine didn't get that memo. He parked himself right in front of an MP40 and gets pounded by flow. Sometimes the flow is so much it rips a tentacle off. Occasionally I'll see a random fluorescent tentacle floating around the tank. It hasn't moved in 6 months! He's a glutton for punishment:uhoh3:

Kyle461
03/24/2015, 11:56 AM
You made my day. Thank you :)

ShannyG
03/24/2015, 12:17 PM
You made my day. Thank you :)

:lol2: Mine is just lucky I love the bad boys!

amber3k
03/25/2015, 12:43 AM
I had three plop their butts on the same rock right in front of a power head. They didn't mind the flow at all. I moved the rock six months later to a lower flow and two nems decided it was time to start walking. They ended up going to new homes.