PDA

View Full Version : MP10W QD grinding noise

htjunkie
03/22/2015, 09:08 PM
Thought the new QD would be much quieter but it seems worse. I have a MP10W and initially I turned on the MP10W QD without attaching the wetside it was very quiet. I went ahead today and got the QD installed. One thing is that the wetside doesn't attach well to the dryside, keep falling off. I have to use the old wetside and it seems okay. However the dryside is making a loud grinding noise even when nothing is attached to.

Do I have a defective unit?

Much appreciate your help.

myram
03/23/2015, 04:22 AM
You contradict yourself so I'm not sure if your dry side is very quiet or making a loud grinding noise.

The wetsides do have a break in period according to Ecotech.

You will probably get a better response posting this in the Ecotech forum, or actually calling them.

ca1ore
03/23/2015, 11:57 AM
I thought for the MP10 (and the MP60) that the dry and wet-sides were unchanged from the prior model and that the only difference was the new driver? Did you use the correct spacer for your glass thickness. If it's the dry-side that's making a grinding noise then perhaps you do have a defective unit.

africangrey
03/23/2015, 01:12 PM
He must have the new MP10WQD set, as the upgrade driver isn't yet available, glass thickness is also a critical component on how tightly the wet and dry side stay attached.

htjunkie
03/26/2015, 09:37 PM
Turned out the unit is defective, sending back for replacement. Thickness of the tank is 5/8"