PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Snail! Gone!!!!!

Bearkat1234
03/23/2015, 03:17 PM
Looked in my tank this afternoon, one of my Turbo Snails was on the top of my live rock turned upside down but no Turbo Snail inside.....!!!!

where could it have gone?

did coral banded shrimp or hermits get it?? weird!!!

cloak
03/23/2015, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the hermits or the CBS could have eaten it. Another possibility is the bristle worms, although the snail would have to be dead already for this to happen.

ChimolaFish
03/23/2015, 03:35 PM
That's why I don't keep hermits. Theyre awesome, but they kill snails

Bearkat1234
03/23/2015, 03:42 PM
yeah, crap!
I have only had hermits for about 2 weeks and I am starting not to like them.

they fight over everything and sometimes I have to separate them. Im getting tired of doing that. I will probably wait it out, and go to all snails before long, forget the hermits.

KabayanReef
03/23/2015, 05:27 PM
One of the hermits did it. They don't usually kill but overtime get bigger and what's a"shelled" , slow moving , meaty dude with a bigger house? HINT: It's not the shrimp :lol:

Stevenliu9
03/23/2015, 07:15 PM
One thing about those turbo snails is they cannot turn themselves over if they land on their back. So that would have been the first step, then they can die really fast out of starvation from not being flipped, which is when the hermits come into play to finish up the corpse. My hermits never bother living, healthy snail, but they are really good at finishing up snails with ailing problem or have died, in a way, it's good for the tank. Sometimes my snails die in a corner or behind rocks I cannot reach I'd rather the hermits clean up the mess than let the snail sit and rot to ruin the water quality.

Bearkat1234
03/23/2015, 08:11 PM
true