PDA

View Full Version : Help with the direction of the tank!

Clownin T
03/23/2015, 07:07 PM
Hey need some advice on where to go from here on my biocube 14...

Currently housing
A pair of ocellaris clowns
1 sand sifting star
1 turbo snail

The stock hood has been removed and is now replaced with a dual lamp t5ho fixture with a true lumen 18w actinic and a true lumen 18w power white. There are also two blue and two white LEDs under the fixture. I've just recently decided to remove the coralife biocube skimmer and replace it with some chaeto being lit 24/7 by a small led light in the back second chamber. The only added flow is a koralia 425.

I really would like the idea of turning this into an anemone only along with the clowns but I know my lighting is not as strong as recommended. I have heard stories of them being kept under stock lighting though which gives me the slightest hope. Is there maybe an easy led kit that I could add in order to have sufficient light? If the nem got too big I could split it or completely hand it off for i have a few friends in the hobby. If anyone has any suggestions on a specific nem or on another idea for this tank please guide me!

KorD
03/23/2015, 08:14 PM
In that size of a tank I would go with a bubble tip nem. The more they are fed the faster they will grow. I feed mine slime to never.. maybe once a month if I remember..lol
The oral disk after 7 months is now 10 inches across and I bought it when it was almost an inch across.