PDA

View Full Version : CYcling a qt?

Oakes1523
03/25/2015, 05:23 PM
planning to fallow my main display for 10 weeks( 72 days or whatever ). My fish that have ick I plan to do the tank transfer method. My question is how do I get my permanent qt ready to go for fish after I finish the tank transfer method? Do I need to cycle my qt tank? Or do I just keep up with water changes?

m0nkie
03/25/2015, 05:28 PM
either way works... I cycled a huge 100gallon QT and put my fish inside.. less hassle for 3 months.

you can keep up the WC, just make sure there is no ammonia present.

3 months of constant water change and ammonia measuring is a PITA imo..

Oakes1523
03/25/2015, 06:08 PM
What's the fastest way to cycle it then? Can I use bio spira? Or is there another way Cuz I really need it up within a couple weeks

Dkuhlmann
03/25/2015, 06:36 PM
Oakes, I think you need to take a chill pill and slow down. You are about to tear your drawers with the people on this site that are giving you advice that you are not listening to.

You asked this in your other thread and now started a new thread on it.

Calm down!

I'm trying to give you some friendly advice before you totally implode, and alienate yourself from everyone on this site. Haven't you noticed that many that were giving you information have stopped doing so?

I'm not going to say anymore on this subject, but I suggest that you take a deep breath and regroup your thoughts, before it's too late.

m0nkie
03/25/2015, 07:25 PM
What's the fastest way to cycle it then? Can I use bio spira? Or is there another way Cuz I really need it up within a couple weeks

I use Dr Tim to cycle all my tanks. 4 so far. still takes about a month. as long as your bacteria can process 2ppm of ammonia within 24hrs, it should be good to go.

but don't put too many fish in at once, a heavy bioload will stir up another cycle.

Oakes1523
03/25/2015, 08:23 PM
Haha then don't look at my posts simple, I just have to make a new user name and I'm a totally different person. Don't waste your time, I can post whatever I want too