PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, BUT, did I find a HUGE part of my problem?

cncguy
03/28/2015, 12:08 PM
If anyone remembers me, I've been on a couple times asking why I can't grow corals in my over 10yr old 90gal, they just stay stagnant, even GSP isn't spreading, and colt is receding. Well, with my income tax order which included all new ATI bulbs, BRS 0.8 carbon, Gyre 130, reef chili, a couple other things, and a new hydrometer, I found out my SG has been OVER 1.032, and has probably been that way for a LONG while!!!! I got a refractometer (I know, should've a LONG time ago), and now in the last couple weeks, have got it down to about 1.026, and slowly aiming for 1.024-1.025. Does anyone think this was a HUGE problem? (fingers crossed!). Without making this a long post, all my parameters were always in check as I've posted the readings before. How long will it take for things to adjust? Everything looks the same so far, except trumpets seem to be doing great, not sure if it was the salt level, or feeding reef chili. GSP is not out much lately though, just adjusting to the different salt level? Now, also waiting on my autoaqua ATO, and have some kalk to start dosing. Not to influence anyone, but I hope to hear this was a HUGE problem!!!!!!!

Sk8r
03/28/2015, 12:36 PM
Yep, that would have been a really big problem.

cncguy
03/28/2015, 01:24 PM
will my corals recover, and how long you think til I see some results?

Sk8r
03/28/2015, 02:00 PM
They may recover. They may take time to become what they were---I have a couple which went through real hard times during a tank shift and they lost a lot of their color (ergo food processing ability)---they're growing, however, and I hope that they will come back. They are being outpaced by one that didn't go through as rough a spell.