PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Sun Pandora S or ATI Powermodule Hybrid

Doogy
03/29/2015, 08:15 AM
I have narrowed it down to these two fixtures, 36" 2x75w LED and 4x39w T5. Ati or pacific sun? The tank is going to be a red sea reefers 350, 47" length, 20" wide, 21" tall. I appreciate your input, I realize there aren't a lot of people that have experience with pacific sun...

Drae
03/29/2015, 01:50 PM
I've never seen the pac sun fixture in person but I've seen a few of the ATI fixtures... They're amazing lights. The balance between the led's and t5's is perfect imo.

ghostman
03/29/2015, 02:15 PM
I have used both lamps and feel they are both very good at being hybrid LED/T5 lights. I think both have pros and cons. IMO, the ATI is a T5 unit with LEDs in it. It is easy to program and looks great. The Pacific Sun Pandora is a LED unit with a few T5s in it. It is easy to program, but needs a computer with external bluetooth capability. I would probably rate the ATI a little higher since I am very happy with T5s. If you do go with the Pacific Sun, I would strongly recommend going with the 145W LED unit if you are keeping SPS. The 75W version will probably not give you the results you want.

Pacific Sun RD
03/29/2015, 03:55 PM
@ghostman
Thank you for nice review - but I should remind that since last year we have also model, with 8pcs T5 tubes and 75W led panels ;-)
So - our Pandora Hyperion S 36" have two 8 channel 75W LED panels and 8pcs T5 tubes(grouped in 4 channels - 2pcs in each channel controlled separatelly).
Photo unit with single panel:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/ph24_3.jpg

ghostman
03/29/2015, 06:28 PM
Thank you Przemek. I'm a big fan of all of the Pacific Sun products and just started using the Kore 5th doser. The above fixture is gorgeous and would be very high on my list. My response was based on the Pandora having more LED channels and more color LEDs than the ATI. Both are great choices. IME, I'd rather have the 145W variety with some power to spare ;)

Pacific Sun RD
03/30/2015, 03:37 PM
Thank you so much for this nice review. We appreciate your feedback - many of advantages was improved by your fantastic support! :-)