PDA

View Full Version : blenny jumper

astroroxy
03/31/2015, 12:48 PM
Just thought I would share my story.

I have 2 clown and a lawnmower blenny.
Now the blenny is very shy, he always hides, but when I sneak up on the tank, he does not see me and I can watch him. It is not unusual for him to be unseen for a few days.

I recently moved my rock, and I assume he was just hiding in it.
I heard a weird splash the other night and feared that someone jumped out. The clowns were still there but I could not see the blenny. I assumed he was just hiding as normal, and there was no fish on the ground. The next day I am doing some work, removing old filter sock, cleaning sump, etc. I put the filter sock in a to wash bin. 2 days later I grab the filter socks to clean them, and I was looking in one to see how dirty it was. I freak out, because there is my blenny sitting at the bottom of this dried out sock. I wanted to cry, I knew it was dead because there is no way it could be alive after 2 days.

For the heck of it I dumped it in to a bucket of water and he moved! I was so excited, but he was so skinny, his little beer belly was all shriveled, so I threw him back in the tank and he just sat there for a little bit.

I went back to check in on him and he went to his little hiding hole. I went to bed and hoped for the best. I woke up this morning and he looked better, his color has returned but still skinny. Well I just saw him a few hours ago and he is eating like crazy, and his beer belly is back.

I am amazed that he lived in a sock where it was 400gph falling on him and then he lived in that sock for 2 days.

I just thought I would share a happy story, I hate to always see the sad ones.

Fuzms
04/07/2015, 03:55 PM
to add another story with a good ending:

A while back I took the strainer off my canister filter intake to clean it. No big deal. The next day I noticed I couldn't find my yellow watchman goby. Didn't think much of it at the time. The next day I opened up my canister to change the GAC and found my poor goby up against the filter floss. he was all white and sad looking so I just set him in the sink while I went about rinsing things. My boyfriend walked by and scared me yelling to get some tank water. Turns out the trooper was still hanging in there. It's now several weeks later and hes good as ever. :)