PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my dos

scbc29
03/31/2015, 07:38 PM
Does any one have any experience with the Dos? I have had the heads replaced when I first purchased it. Now it is (less than 45 days later) doing the same things as before on one side... It is back siphoning or in other words not keeping the additive at the end of the line to drop into my sump.

The pump is above the additive and below the sump. I have this on a Biocube so 1st shelf is additives and the middle shelf is the Dos and tank above.

Noticed today corals not looking their best so tested and found Ca low which was that line. Support ticket is setup with Neptune but wanted others thoughts or stories.

Thanks

scbc29
03/31/2015, 08:08 PM

slief
04/01/2015, 07:13 AM
It's possible that the tubing isn't completely sealed on the nipple. I had a similar issue. I removed the fitting, reinstalled the tubing onto the nipple and then tightened the fitting down really well and the issue was resolved.

scbc29
04/01/2015, 09:20 AM
I'll check it again. Thanks.

aquamanic
04/01/2015, 12:48 PM
Make sure you're running vinyl tubing and not the hard polyethylene. There's a tiny difference in ID size (the poly being smaller) but the vinyl being softer makes a much better connection.

If you decide to use the poly anyway, try heating the end in hot water for a few minutes to make it more pliable, then attach.

scbc29
04/06/2015, 06:54 PM
Make sure you're running vinyl tubing and not the hard polyethylene. There's a tiny difference in ID size (the poly being smaller) but the vinyl being softer makes a much better connection.

If you decide to use the poly anyway, try heating the end in hot water for a few minutes to make it more pliable, then attach.

I'm using Neptunes line. It is as snug as I can get it and tightened down almost to the point I feel like I'm going to break the plastic nuts.

jcs11236
04/10/2015, 10:57 AM
Same boat here as you. I had the left head replaced due to losing siphon. Got the replacement head in and it's not losing siphon but it's building air bubbles in line. Only the left side. Getting a new head sent out again. Hopefully this one is good.
What I did notice on this bad head and the previous head is that the inner tube wobbles when motor spins. I'm assuming that is what is causing the loss of siphon/air bubbles.
Good luck

scbc29
04/10/2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks. Gives me something to look for. Good luck with the new head.

jcs11236
04/10/2015, 11:18 AM
They are very helpful over at Neptune. It's just a lil frustrating buying something new and not cheap and it not working right out the box.
Good luck with yours too

scbc29
04/11/2015, 09:38 AM
Isn't that the truth. I've had minor issues but I will give it to them they are on it within a day.