PDA

View Full Version : Ocellaris tank mates

mbemount
04/01/2015, 10:24 PM
My 29 Biocube cycle is coming to an end and I'm trying to finish out my stocking list so I can start putting fish into QT. As of right now I only have 2 fish in mind, a black snowflake ocellaris and a standard ocellaris. I really only want maybe 1-2 more small fish to add to the tank (outside of my CUC & inverts) as I'm not looking to have a high bioload.

Can anyone make any suggestions? Possibly thinking a yellow watchman goby or maybe a firefish?

Thanks!

CoralsAddiction
04/01/2015, 10:56 PM
If you want to be a little different then you can go with a helfrichi firefsh and a cryptic wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia)

mbemount
04/01/2015, 11:25 PM
If you want to be a little different then you can go with a helfrichi firefsh and a cryptic wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia)

I'll definitely have to look into the wrasse, my initial google search made me very interested. I'll have to start doing some research tomorrow after work! I'm torn on firefish as I'll have one in my bigger tank (125G) that is currently being setup. That one will however be a normal firefish and I could probably be happy with a purple or helfrichi in my biocube. Thanks!

rathos
04/01/2015, 11:35 PM
I have a couple watchmen and a purple filefish in with my clowns. They all get along fine. Though I would say get a tailspot blenny and the firefish. the watchmen tend to just sit in one place most of the time while the firefish and blenny will swim around a lot and the blenny will help to keep any algae down.

AdamNC
04/02/2015, 07:10 PM
Royal Gramma
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Lawnmower Blenny
Any Goby
File Fish
Banggai Cardinal
Pseudochromis of some sorts