PDA

View Full Version : My 90g reef, 30g sump, and stand build

PAreefer40
04/02/2015, 03:40 PM
Hello everyone, Blair here. This is where I am going to share my 90g reef build. It will include a 30g sump and the stand itself. Any and all input is appreciated as this will be my first "big" salt build and I am still very new to the salt hobby.

Currently I have a 30g sumpless FOWLR that's been up and running (with fish at least) for a little over a month. I got myself a 90g tank that I will be drilling and converting my 30g to a sump.

Plan is to drill the 90 for a C2C Bean overflow setup and do a DIY sump with my 30g. I will most likely use a 10g tank as a temporary sump to cycle the 90g tank before I move everything over. (It'll be kind of hard to cycle a tank with holes drilled in it and nothing hooked up to it). I want to have a big enough stand to have everything under it and be able to move it out the front if needed.

Currently in my 30g:
30lbs LR
40lbs live sand
2 extreme misbar O. clowns
4 hermis
5 turbo snails
1 red tube snail

Equipment in the 30g
2 Marineland maxi jet 600's
Odyssea quad T5HO (i know I know, but surprisingly it's working well so far for me)
And a canister filter which will be brought down shortly.

For the 90 I plan on getting the AquaMaxx EM200 skimmer. All my other equipment is pretty much up in them it, along with sump setup.

I always welcome and encourage constructive criticism. I'll be posting pictures later.

PAreefer40
04/02/2015, 04:18 PM
Here's the link to my 30g FOWLR

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2489254

PAreefer40
09/02/2015, 04:24 PM
Finally started doing this. I'm going to actually move my 30g into my 90g when it's set up. The 90g has to go where my current 30g is standing. Bulk heads have been delivered along with the drill bit. BH's are 1.5" all pipe is goin to be the same (or at least planned that way). I have PVC fittings ordered just have to pick them up. I'm moving my Bubble Magus Curve 7 skimmer to the 90g where it will be housed in the 30g sump. I'll be adding new sand after I wash it with RO/DI water. There will be no canister filter. Sump will be skimmer | LR/chaeto | return

PAreefer40
09/03/2015, 06:41 PM
Ordered a Tunze ATO and a dual digital heater today. These will be added to the 30g first until I'm ready to move everything over to the 90g.

I got my BH's yesterday. They are HUGE, so I'm going to be returning the 1.5" BH's and drill bit to get 1"