PDA

View Full Version : 37 Gallon Clownfish Build

HauntedFog
04/03/2015, 01:05 AM
This is going to be my first saltwater aquarium. The main fish will be a pair of Clowns, I would really like to get the Black Ice but we will see. The tank is a 37 gal. Marineland cube and stand. I have a Fluval 206 canister filter, Jager Trutemp 150 watt heater, Carib Sea Hawaiian Black Live sand, Rock from Steve at Reef Rock & a pair of Sicce Voyager Nano 2000 circulation pumps waiting to go into the tank. I started the tank with Dr.Tim's One & Only and just had the water tested and we are good to go for fish this weekend.

The plan for this tank eventually will be a mixed reef with soft & lps corals to start. I plan on getting a pair of LED lights from Build my LED that will handle Soft, LPS and SPS coral so down the line when I have more experience with corals I can add the SPS corals without having to update my lights.

I guess that covers it for now. I will update as I slowly move along.

HauntedFog
04/04/2015, 12:20 AM
Rob from Discovery Aquatics called me today and let me know my Black Ice Clowns came in from ORA. I had to run down with my camera and get a couple shot before work. I can't pick them up until Saturday when I will have time to acclimate them properly. The photos are not the best, but I will try to get more after I get them home.:bounce3:

dogfish13
04/05/2015, 08:28 PM
Congrats on your first saltwater aquarium! This post is funny to me because our first reef tank is also a 37 gallon that is lit with the 14k reef Build my LED. Unfortunately, you won't find much in regards to 37g build threads, but my husband started one on our's since it's an uncommon saltwater tank size. Good luck!
Here's our build thread:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2493847

HauntedFog
04/06/2015, 07:29 AM
We originally got the 37 gallon because the wife wanted Seahorses. The 18 x 20 x 24 size was good for them, then she changed her mind and wanted Clowns. If we were going with Clowns in the beginning I would probably have gone with a 40 gallon breeder tank as my first tank. There is a good 37 gallon build on You Tube, although he had a major crash and shut the tank down. He thinks the crash was the result of putting a cheaper LED light on his system. That's why like you I will be going with Build My LED lights also. I talked with Cara over at BML and because my tank is 20" wide they will have to custom make the housing. I will have to checkout your thread.