PDA

View Full Version : Help adding second tank...

gREEF stricken
04/04/2015, 05:56 AM
Fellow "Control" freaks:

Finally got around to picking up necessary components to add a second tank to my controller...can anyone walk me through the process?

Thx

GS

slief
04/04/2015, 08:41 AM
What exactly are you adding? Will the two tanks share the same water/sump?

gREEF stricken
04/04/2015, 08:44 AM
Two completely autonomous system. So a new EB8, PM1 and both probes.

GS

slief
04/04/2015, 09:03 AM
That's easy enough. Plug the new EB8 into any aquabus connection on your Apex system. Plug the PM1 into the new EB8 or any other Aquabus connection. Put the new temp probe and pH probe into the new tank and start your programming.

gREEF stricken
04/04/2015, 09:13 AM
That's easy enough. Plug the new EB8 into any aquabus connection on your Apex system. Plug the PM1 into the new EB8 or any other Aquabus connection. Put the new temp probe and pH probe into the new tank and start your programming.

Ok, guess my question is when I plug everything in will the display automatically make a second screen? I would just trial and error but all parts were sourced seperately($240 TOTAL) and all have not arrived yet...

GS

slief
04/04/2015, 10:23 AM
No. The display will not make a second screen. You can change the info displayed on the screen but it will default to what it shows now. If you add a second screen, you will need to change the settings in the diplay options to show the data for the second tank.

gREEF stricken
04/04/2015, 01:36 PM
Ok, got my EB8. Waitin for PM1 and probes. A)Can I simply use it as a power strip untethered tip Mon? B)the aquabus cable: is it just a USB cable? Need a longer one. If it's special do they make a longer model?

GS

slief
04/04/2015, 08:30 PM
Good chatting with you today. Hopefully you have everything squared away!