PDA

View Full Version : Biocube 14 Frag Tank Thoughts

smoothie7
04/05/2015, 06:52 PM
Equipment:

14 Gallon BioCube, remove stock filters and bioballs, add sponge coming off overflow, carbon matrix in media bag and carbon, stock pump, stock lights with the addition of the second blue LED.
Black egg crate

Thinking maybe a pair of designer clowns

I want a really clean look for my mini frag tank. So sand is definetly out of the question. So my question is? Do I need to keep live rock in for the biocube? They have a tiny section for bioballs... Should I just get live rock rubble and throw it in there instead? Or would I need to keep in it the display side of the tank? Or don't have any live rock at all? What about MarinePure as I seen that at the WORC show last month.

Has anyone made a frag tank out of Biocube? What did you do?

screamingibis
04/05/2015, 07:50 PM
If you're not using as a quarantine and use it simply to grow frags, I would put some rock in the display. If you're adding medications, I wouldn't put any rock anywhere. Just use a sponge to seed it.
I grew some pretty good SPS when I had my Biocube 14 going. Used Purigen, a bag of GFO and carbon mix and did small 2 gallon water changes once a week. I also added an extra bulb and had to mod the hood to vent the heat out.