PDA

View Full Version : sulfur reactor

purge43
04/06/2015, 09:15 AM
I may have a problem and i dont have very many resources, since sulfur denitrafication is still experimental and not accepted by the general hobbyist. So far its been highly affective, difficult to get started, but once it engaged it was a set and forget denitritifyer. Every few months it gets what I call a burp and generates a dense white cloud, causing my dt to go cloudy.(no odor of sulfur dioxide) At those points I drain the output into a bucket, it spits out cloudyness for a few more hours, then in a few days the whole event is over and tank is back to being clear. The params show no change in chemistry, however the event may have an affect on accurate testing. This weekend it happened again and I did the usual steps, but not with the same results and this time , there is a slight odor of so2. Livestock and params show no affect so far. I do not know what to do, can someone advise.

bertoni
04/06/2015, 02:58 PM
Does the reactor have any sort of purge valve? Producing some gas is normal. One possibility would be that the reactor is building up gas over time. If so, venting it now and then might prevent this issue.

Greg 45
04/06/2015, 04:47 PM
Can you please post a picture of the unit.
I am running one with no issues
sulfur reactor on right