PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on my tank and sump needs

red_reefer
04/06/2015, 10:05 AM
hi all reefers, i am aquiring all the things i need for my tank and sump and any input or thoughts on what im choosing to go with would be great

tank - rio240 (already bought)
powerheads - jecod rw-8 x2 ...is that too much flow? should i buy 1 rw8 and 1 rw4
lighting - evergrow it2080 ...will that fit using a tank mount? as i dont want to hang from ceiling
heater - eheim jager 300w ...should i have another one to account for sump water volume as well? if so what size?

sump - i am thinking of 24" x 12" x 12" ...is that suitable size? putting skimmer in 1st section refugium 2nd and return pump 3rd...or is there a better order?
protein skimmer - bubble magus curve 5 (already bought)
lighting - arcadia classica stretch 7w ...is that big enough for refugium?
return pump - eheim compact 3000+ ...is this big enough for what i need? can i use this as return pump?

is there anything else you think i am missing or i need? any and all input greatly appreciated

thanks

Sk8r
04/06/2015, 10:13 AM
For fuge lighting, I use an ordinary CFL flood in a shop light fixture clipped to the side of the fuge. Grows cheato like mad. Cost me total under 20.00.

red_reefer
04/06/2015, 10:18 AM
For fuge lighting, I use an ordinary CFL flood in a shop light fixture clipped to the side of the fuge. Grows cheato like mad. Cost me total under 20.00.

yea wasn't really sure what lighting to use, would the arcadia stretch be too much light? or is that ok? i plan on clipping it to the sides of tank as will only be about a foot long fuge max. and for £26 i thought pretty cheap and efficient?

any thoughts or am i miles off the mark?

thanks