PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do reef items break a lot in shipping?

Spectral_Ranger
04/06/2015, 03:42 PM
I've been slowly acquiring items as I prepare to start up a new reef and have had several of the bigger items arrive broken. And these items were very well packaged, and there was no obvious damage to the outer packaging. Had a couple fittings broken or sheared off on my RO/DI unit, that required me to go to Home Depot and get some replacements. Last night noticed while unpackaging it that one of the "fin" legs on my skimmer (JNS CO-1) had snapped off. Sent vendor a note and waiting on feedback. Suppose I could superglue it, but I'm getting kinda tired of paying hundreds of dollars for this stuff only to have to fix it on arrival. Not blaming vendors or anything as they do seem very well packaged. I'm sure the boxes get thrown around, even with no visible damage to packaging, I just haven't had many things broken in shipments til now. Is this common? I have a bunch more equipment coming soon (including lights) and am getting worried...

gone fishin
04/06/2015, 03:49 PM
Unless I have been very lucky my equipment has all arrived in one piece. The only notable exception is a heater controller I ordered last week was delivered today to Delphos Ohio. I live in Wisconsin. Go figure.