PDA

View Full Version : How to attach Frogspawn to live rock?

Sherpa503
04/08/2015, 01:03 PM
Hello I have a frogspawn that I want to attach to my live rock which is under water. Whats the best method of attaching the frogspawn to the rock. I tried the epoxy play dough stuff and it didn't hold that well. I'm thinking of buying thick super glue? anyone? The live rock I want to attach it to is on the right of the frogspawn

cloak
04/08/2015, 01:31 PM
You could try a combination of both the epoxy & the super glue gel.

One thing about that epoxy though is when you've got to secure a big piece like that instead of kneading the epoxy and then using it right away, you might want to wait 4 or 5 minutes until the epoxy starts to get firm. When it's like this it tends to hold more weight as opposed to it being soft & easily manipulated. GL.

POOLSCAPES
04/09/2015, 12:37 AM
I always use super glue. I put three layers of super glue on it works great for me.

SnoopyDaPimp
04/10/2015, 03:15 PM
I always use super glue.

That is what I do. Apply the glue and let it sit in the air 15ish seconds and place it where you want and hold it there another 15ish seconds to allow the glue to begin cure and harden a little.

AirForceAquariu
04/13/2015, 09:03 AM
I like the 2 part epoxy putty personally. It's very much a preference thing. The putty will be sort of an eyesore for a few weeks (more dependent on tank) until algae and coralline cover it.

Let it cure in your hand after mixing a little, place on the rock then place the coral and mold a little. hold in place for 20 seconds or so. It will also come right off when/if you move or remove the coral.