PDA

View Full Version : Rapid led Par38 bulb for 10g reef tank

Lobey
04/08/2015, 01:44 PM
Hey guys,

I've been reading these forums for over a year and have learned a ton from the community. I was wondering if any of you have had any luck using a Par38 bulb over a nano reef. currently I have an EVO green element led fixture over my 10g long aquarium. It just doesn't do it for me, so I've been looking to upgrade for the sake of my corals.

The tank is on its way to being a Zoa garden with a couple of LPS as well. Have any of you guys had good growth with any of the PAR bulbs? If not, do you guys have any recommendations for an affordable setup that would would be within a college students budget? I can't spend more than about $125.

Also, I've been considering a DIY but I'd love to find a PAR bulb or a fixture that has worked for you guys. Thanks

cmcoker
04/08/2015, 02:21 PM
I have a par30 on a 5 gallon. It is very much a spotlight so if you have a rectangular shaped tank it will probably not cover the length of it. I have mine at an angle to th side of the tank and it is growing birdsnest and montipora on the side closest to the light and some mushrooms/zoas on further side of tank. Think they are best on cube tanks, IMO