PDA

View Full Version : little black cap on reef octopus skimmers?

OllieDog
04/08/2015, 04:05 PM
I was recently taught that reef octopus skimmers are supposed to have a little black cap on one tube of the silencer? I've got a 3000 int. And it didn't come with any cap. What exactly is the purpose and function of the cap? Do I need one?

Premiumaq
04/12/2015, 12:27 AM
Checking now - will post back ASAP

Premiumaq
04/13/2015, 10:03 AM
The black cap over that port is necessary to ensure that the silencer works completely. If both ports are open the silencer won't function as intended.

Did you get that unit through us? Shoot me a PM and we can get you squared away!

OllieDog
04/13/2015, 07:17 PM
I did not, I was under the impression you were somehow related to the manufacturing company. Whats the point of 2 holes if you just plug one? Is the cap vented in some way or can I just plug the hole?

Premiumaq
04/14/2015, 12:12 AM
We're just a retailer... we order from their US distributor, so there is a connection, but not a close relationship. We don't have a stock of spare caps, they'd be special order. We could order you the cap, and then ship it out or arrange a drop-ship, but either the location you bought it or the manufacturer should provide one free of charge, since it's supposed to be included with the unit.

I don't know the specifics of the skimmer, or what was intended by the design. Let me connect you with someone who may have your answers. Here's the link to CoralVue's customer solutions center. From it you can access info and FAQs, as well as contact CSRs directly for more in-depth responses. http://www.coralvue.com/support/

CoralVue has historically been fantastic with handling customer service.

OllieDog
04/20/2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks so much saamath, Ill get in touch with them.