PDA

View Full Version : Eurobracing a 150g

Reel North
04/09/2015, 07:57 PM
I'm putting my big beast build on hold temporarily. My deck needs an overhaul, so there's goes that lol.

I currently have a perfecto 150 g (72x18w x 27 high). It's 1/2" glass, of course, and has a plastic brace on top. Naturally, they put the center brace RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. SO LIGHTING THIS WITH HALIDES IS A NIGHTMARE.

I'm going to be making a different canopy and light rack for it, but would love to be able to hang 3 halides over this.

In your opinions would this work : remove the top plastic trim, clean off the silicone, and eurobrace it. I would use 3" bracing out of 1/2" glass.

I would also like to get ride of the internal overflows and go with a reef savvy internal/external overflow.

Over time, I feel the plastic will degrade using halides and having a light over the brace is even worse

Some advice here would be awesome

thegrun
04/09/2015, 09:23 PM
You have the correct size for the eurobrace. I'm in the process of setting up a new 120 gallon tank. I removed the center overflow, patched the holes in the bottom and drilled three 1-1/2 holes in the back of the tank. I have a 36" long, 1-1/4" front to back and 5" tall coast to coast overflow box inside the tank and an external overflow box back behind the tank. I tested the plumbing and it all works well.

tkeracer619
04/09/2015, 10:25 PM
I show how I did it in my build thread. Use a momentive RTV silicone 103 or 108.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270270