PDA

View Full Version : Coral Revive more than once?

Jaffy
04/09/2015, 10:45 PM
Can you dip a coral/frag in revive more than once if kept in a QT? I have some in a QT right now and have only noticed some small pests that remained from the initially acclimation/dip. I do NOT want to send them to the display with pests or anything at all on them. My question is how long should one wait before doing another revive dip? 1 6-10 minute dip every 10 days, maybe over the course of 30 days before adding to display?

Some things that may be pods I have seen too, not leaving any bite marks or anything, but they freak me out and I don't want to see them anymore either. Please let me know if anybody has done multiple dips while having a coral in QT with revive.

tkeracer619
04/09/2015, 10:49 PM
Sure, revive doesn't kill some eggs so they will hatch. This is why we QT. Dip them again, the time table depends on what you are trying to kill.

Jaffy
04/10/2015, 12:02 AM
It is more of a continued precaution. Adding my first corals to a 215g tank with 180 pounds of live rock. I just want to do a few dips perhaps once a week for a while. I suppose to make sure nothing gets into the display. I am a very cautious person in this hobby lol read too many horror stories.

tkeracer619
04/10/2015, 12:04 AM
That's why I have this many posts, so it makes it harder to find my horror stories ;)

snorvich
04/10/2015, 03:33 AM
That's why I have this many posts, so it makes it harder to find my horror stories ;)

ROTFLMAO. :love2: A strategy I have adopted.

Jaffy
04/10/2015, 04:40 PM
Lol - I just don't want to stress the corals from dipping too much. One dip a week for 3-4 weeks sound good?

m0nkie
04/10/2015, 04:50 PM
What type of lighting is necessary for a coral QT? I plan on setting up a permanent coral QT tank. Just unsure how much I need to spend on its lighting system. some T5 bulbs or another Kessil LED