PDA

View Full Version : QT period over with but still issues

jmowbray
04/10/2015, 06:47 AM
This Saturday will be 8 weeks that the black axil chromis have been in the QT. They are eating well but still a little thin. No signs of any external parasites or worms. However, they now are showing signs of roughed scales and missing scales from roughing each other. I have 6 in a 20 gallon and they are not playing well with one another. Do you guys think it's safe to move them to the 90 now even though they have missing patches of scales. I only imagine that as the days go on it will get worse as they are starting to establish the pecking order and there isn't much room for them to hide and get out of each other’s way.

Wonton Soup
04/10/2015, 07:51 AM
Did you medicate them while in quarantine?
Couldn't you just put a tank divider in to separate them?

Jade5051
04/10/2015, 08:00 AM
They will probably stop fighting as much once they are in the 90g. There probably just isn't enough space for all of them in the 20g. If they have no signs or symptoms of sickness and disease for 30 days then I'd release the ones that are the healthiest. If one or two are really struggling try to get the ones that are beating them up out and then focus on rehabilitating the weaker ones before introducing them to the DT.

jmowbray
04/10/2015, 03:49 PM
They will probably stop fighting as much once they are in the 90g. There probably just isn't enough space for all of them in the 20g. If they have no signs or symptoms of sickness and disease for 30 days then I'd release the ones that are the healthiest. If one or two are really struggling try to get the ones that are beating them up out and then focus on rehabilitating the weaker ones before introducing them to the DT.

Thank you for the response. I didn't even think about moving the mean ones out first. I guess tomorrow that will be the plan then.

chrislkh
04/11/2015, 01:49 PM
changing the environment can help break the aggression. IME, they fight less when they are in a larger space