PDA

View Full Version : Laser bryopsis

cagey
04/10/2015, 11:22 AM
Has anyone tried a laser on algae such as Bryopsis?? I have not. Fighting it now by raising the Mg.
Just a thought.

billdogg
04/10/2015, 12:35 PM
I would like to know as well. How about Bubble Algae?

Bmwm235i
12/02/2015, 10:02 PM
I'm bringing this back to life... I am going through my 3rd bottle of tech m on a 30 gallon! I am at 2200 mag some is dying and some is growing strong. Has anyone tried a lazer? I believe my lfs has one he used for aiptasia... otherwise can someone tell me what kind to buy? I'm willing to be the guinea pig.

soulpatch
12/03/2015, 08:51 AM
If you had a laser I could see trying it but otherwise why spend 100 plus for one when a $3 bottle of peroxide will eradicate the algae?

Ron Reefman
12/03/2015, 09:20 AM
I stared the laser idea for aiptasia (do a search and you'll see I did the first 'laser' post). I have 2 lasers now and I VERY rarely use them as they are ineffective way more often than they work. Aiptasia can be killed with a laser, but you have to be able to get 100% of it. If you can't get into a hold or behind a tiny rock edge where the aiptasia foot is planted, it grows back in days! I found it to be even more useless on other aquarium pests, especially algae and pest corals like waving hand, xenia and kenya tree coral.

My best advise, don't waste your money. I use to be a believer, but I've completely changed my opinion.

outssider
12/04/2015, 06:05 PM
I stared the laser idea for aiptasia (do a search and you'll see I did the first 'laser' post). I have 2 lasers now and I VERY rarely use them as they are ineffective way more often than they work. Aiptasia can be killed with a laser, but you have to be able to get 100% of it. If you can't get into a hold or behind a tiny rock edge where the aiptasia foot is planted, it grows back in days! I found it to be even more useless on other aquarium pests, especially algae and pest corals like waving hand, xenia and kenya tree coral.

My best advise, don't waste your money. I use to be a believer, but I've completely changed my opinion.

+1 ...I have a 2 watt.....not very effective, especially on algae

Grkgod36
12/04/2015, 06:17 PM
you need the right laser , my friend has a blue one,super powerfull one it will light things on fire put a hole through my leather with it, he needed some sort of special license to get one apparently,that whacks aptaisa, and yes it worked on my bryopsis.

wings516
01/15/2016, 07:52 AM
Interested in this as well. I have the wickedlasers blue laser, I will give that a go and report for Bryopsis