PDA

View Full Version : Need major help with reef tank in nj

steve76s
04/10/2015, 01:25 PM
Anyone in the NJ 07643 area that knows someone reputable who can frag napthias. Remove some xenia and GSP. Also remove or relocate some Rainbow BTA? I need help and the 2 companies I've tried won't even consider it. RBTA is killing my only SP colonies. I have huge overgrowth issues but no time to or know how in order to correct this. Any help would be appreciated

Moonstream
04/10/2015, 01:50 PM
you can just cut napthias with a pair of scissors. xenias you can cut at the base, same idea as the napthias. GSP you gotta find a way to peel off the rocks.

I'd say post some adds on a regional reef club site. you'll get people that would come out for the BTA and can figure out how to get it off. the frags you can sell for a couple of bucks or give away for free.

what are you asking the companies to do for you?

steve76s
04/10/2015, 02:03 PM
I'll give the regional reef club a try. All I ask of the company is that they trim the over growth and remove some of the xenia and GSP. They all claim that it would be to dangerous and not really something they do. Basically, all they do is change out the water, check chemistry and clean the acrylic. I can do that by myself. The fragging is something I do not want to do, just don't feel comfortable

anbosu
04/10/2015, 02:23 PM
The only thing that would be even remotely problematic would be the nems, unless you got confused and ate the corals in question. Definitely check the local forums, you should be able to get someone to come over and do it for some free frags.

firemountain
04/11/2015, 04:40 AM
Did you talk to Absolutely Fish in Clifton....they are a great bunch of guys. I am sure you could get someone from there to help you out.

joshky
04/11/2015, 06:07 AM
I'll give the regional reef club a try. All I ask of the company is that they trim the over growth and remove some of the xenia and GSP. They all claim that it would be to dangerous and not really something they do. Basically, all they do is change out the water, check chemistry and clean the acrylic. I can do that by myself. The fragging is something I do not want to do, just don't feel comfortable

Sounds like very informative people you're dealing with....not. The dangers of fragging are slim at best, especially if you're not dealing with palys/zoas. Best way to remove an anemone is using ice in a bag on its foot to stress it enough to release. That being said, BTAs generally hide their feet in small caves so you may have to point powerheads at them and be patient.