PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ca,Ak,Mg test

jmareef1022
04/12/2015, 11:44 AM
Finally decided to do one myself with the help of youtube..ak7.0 ca 420 mg ?(Will do later today)...I usually depend on my lfs for my.tests to tell my me how my water is doing...picked up a red sea test kit for 10$ thinking it was a nitrate,phosphate kit turned out to be a ca,ak kit not knowing much about kits I still bought..now that I have it why not use it...never really payed any attention to those levels till now..not sure if my test is accurate though..hoping someone with the same kit here can shed some light...so every time I go to fill up the syringe with the chemical at 1.0 ml it will only full up to .09 in the you yube video he keeps saying the gap between the line and the.syringe that's what you want and in the video I believe it's also at .09 now when he goes to measure he counts how much went in by the lines and starts at the top at 1.0....did the same and got Ca at 420 and Ak at 7 what you guys think? Hope it makes sense and someone can help

downbeach
04/12/2015, 11:50 AM
The air space that you see between the bottom of the plunger and the top of the fluid represents the amount of fluid that is in the tip of the syringe. So, you go by the bottom of the plunger, and not the top of the fluid. Your numbers sound reasonable.

jmareef1022
04/12/2015, 12:27 PM
Ok..thanks..Will do.more tests more often from now on..kinda enjoy it