PDA

View Full Version : Onyx picasso clownfish

sprinj76
04/12/2015, 02:07 PM
My wife and I have been looking for a nice pair of onyx picasso clownfish for about 6 months without a lot of luck.

Any suggestions for where I should be looking? Are there any breeders that specialize in onyx picasso clowns?

Any help would be appreciated!

D-Nak
04/12/2015, 02:11 PM
Look for Bali Aquarich Picassos. You won't be disappointed.

CoralsAddiction
04/12/2015, 03:08 PM
My wife and I have been looking for a nice pair of onyx picasso clownfish for about 6 months without a lot of luck.

Any suggestions for where I should be looking? Are there any breeders that specialize in onyx picasso clowns?

Any help would be appreciated!

I can tell you which ones not to get. Don't get the ones from Proaquatix. There are two stores in SoCal (Reef Lounge and Coral Gazers) that buy Proaquatix clowns including Onyx Picasso. I have never seen one without deformities. It's a shame a breeder would put out clowns like that through local fish stores.
Wish they either changed their brood stock and/or their breeding practices for the better.

sprinj76
04/12/2015, 05:27 PM
Look for Bali Aquarich Picassos. You won't be disappointed.

Beautiful fish!! Unfortunately extremely rare. I'm fine with the price being asked for the fish, but I can't seem to find anyone who stocks these online.

sprinj76
04/12/2015, 05:32 PM
I can tell you which ones not to get. Don't get the ones from Proaquatix. There are two stores in SoCal (Reef Lounge and Coral Gazers) that buy Proaquatix clowns including Onyx Picasso. I have never seen one without deformities. It's a shame a breeder would put out clowns like that through local fish stores.
Wish they either changed their brood stock and/or their breeding practices for the better.

That's good info. Thanks for the heads up

hotelbravo
04/12/2015, 05:51 PM
Which mixture makes this hybrid form?

Edit: disregard I should have thought about it for a few more seconds before posting....

Mattiejay6
04/13/2015, 12:22 AM
Sprinj I sent you a PM.

Ginger bay
04/18/2015, 07:29 AM
A few months ago, I saw Rich Gaitan on Facebook post a dozen Onyx Picassos he bred. Some where really nice, no defects. He may still have some available.

Mattiejay6
04/25/2015, 05:17 AM
Rich no longer breeds

Ginger bay
04/25/2015, 08:31 PM
Rich's onyx picassos looked to be over a year old, so he must have bred them a year ago. They hsd great body shape, no dedeformaties.

Mattiejay6
04/27/2015, 06:29 PM
Oh ok that may be then