PDA

View Full Version : Niger trigger in a 220

Reel North
04/12/2015, 05:26 PM
Looks like I solved my tank and overflow problem lol. Found a miracles 220 (72x24x30 tall) with a peninsula style overflow.

I sold off some of my fish because they were going to be housed in a 30 g frag tank.

My current stock list is

Hippo
Blue throat
Fox face
4 anthias
Yellow tang
Blond naso

I have a friend who got a Niger for free and he's pretty sickly. Most of my fish are 4-5" and the Niger is about 6". Once I have my new tank up and running, she offered me the Niger for free.

I run mostly sps with some LPS line hammers and torches on the bottom or just above.

What are your thoughts on this fish? I love triggers most of all the reef fishes

shocker444
04/12/2015, 05:31 PM
I have one in my 265 and love him don't mess with a thing at all i just feed him 3 times a day keep him happy and he don't attack a thing hope this helps

ghostman
04/12/2015, 05:42 PM
I've had niger triggers in reefs for years with no problems. Mine have been peaceful, with the exception of some of the clean up crew. My concern with your post is that he is sickly. Is it something that could spread to your other tank inhabitants? Are you going to quarantine? I'd be careful with your display tank.

Reel North
04/12/2015, 07:24 PM
He came from a tank with a fish that beat him up apparently. He looks like he has some ich and hasn't eaten much. He's also a bit skittish. Keep in mind I only saw him for a couple hours lol. My plan is to get my 220 up and running. The rock is cycling now. I need to get that tank cycled and get my kids and corals back I to that DT. That will leave my empty frag tank to QT and feed him up chubby lol. I can see what he could be. But he's a wreck right now lol.

BigCountry74
04/12/2015, 08:46 PM
they have a niger at a LFS here in Charlotte, it's XLARGE, selling for $160 (which I thoguht was stupid but oh well lol). it's the largest, prettiest niger I have ever seen in person though. i bet it's every bit of 7-8"

CHizer
04/13/2015, 03:54 AM
I love the look of a trigger but I'm sure that it'd eat too much clean up crew for my liking.

Reel North
04/13/2015, 05:07 AM
I have a blue throat now and I love him. My favourite fish by far. Never touched anything. And he grunts. Lol. Chatterbox