PDA

View Full Version : 32G mixed reef & clown tank questions

Cshabz
04/13/2015, 08:37 AM
Hey guys,

I have a 32G that I've using just for corals & clown fish, I had 1 purple bubble tip which has since split into 3 next to each other, there's 4 ocellaris - 2 Percula's & 2 onyx
They've all been getting along fine, today tho, my brother bought me a tomato clown while I was at work - seems she/he has now taken over all 3 anemone's & the rest are scouring away.. they're all eating fine - all meals

They all do mating dance with each other but no one's coming near this fella/gal

I also have a 220G downstairs with a magnifier anemone hosting male & female gold stripped maroons - she has to be one of the most aggressive fish I've ever owned btw..

SO, you guys think I should A) try put the tomato in an isolation box for a bit maybe it'll wear off? Or B) attempt to put tomato downstairs with the other 2 in hopes she/he just becomes a male under the female & get along?

I've only recently learned tomato's can be aggressive too.. thought maroons were the worst..

Thanks in advance

Cshabz
04/14/2015, 04:08 AM
Please?

Cshabz
04/14/2015, 04:09 AM
even if its a stupid question, appreciate any learning criticism regarding anything mentioned :)

tonysi
04/14/2015, 04:45 AM
Your best bet would be to remove the tomato clown, it will eventually claim that whole tank as its own and slowly wear away at the other clowns until they're dead. You might possibly be able to add the tomato clown to your large tank and hopefully it's large enough room in their that the maroons don't see him as a threat. On a sidenote stocking more than a pair of clowns in a 32g can become a problem down the road when two decide they want the whole tank to themselves. I wish you luck with your fish. Oh and btw if you can post pics of the onyx clowns they are cool looking fish.

fishgate
04/14/2015, 09:13 AM
+1 - 1 pair of clowns per tank (under around 120 gallons). Tomatoes can be nasty and also get pretty large. You got lucky with 4 this long in a 32. Are they still young?