PDA

View Full Version : value of a 75 gallon question

hotelbravo
04/13/2015, 03:21 PM
I am moving from a 75 gallon undrilled to a 90 gallon drilled. the 75 gallon was only used for 2 months so it is still in great shape but I heard that I could only get one dollar per gallon for it since its used. Would turning it into a sump increase its value? Ive heard around my lfs people mentioning wanting a 75gallon sump on multiple occasions so im thinking there might be someone who would want it..

I was just going to try to sell locally im not posting on here for the reason of selling im only seeing what people think about turning it into a sump to increase its value.

disc1
04/13/2015, 03:26 PM
I don't know that you could get a dollar a gallon for it. I can buy a new tank for that.

I thought I was lucky to get $40 for the one I just sold.

The thing to do is list it on craigslist for what you want and wait it out or drop the price.

Saltwaterwill
04/13/2015, 03:35 PM
I think your best bet is definitely craigslist, I'm trying to get rid of my 75 gallon as well

Neebles
04/13/2015, 03:41 PM
Yep Craigslist. You may not get a ton for it. I got a 75g reef ready tank with all the plumbing, stand, canopy, 35g sump, a garbage bag full of 7" filter socks and a mag return pump for 200 bucks...

hotelbravo
04/13/2015, 04:04 PM
So to be clear your saying try to sell it as is and not to turn it into a sump to sell?
I was planning on craigslist I just didnt know if we were allowed to talk about craigslist. I know certain website are off limits but I do not know which ones

Neebles
04/13/2015, 04:33 PM
I don't know if I would bother turning it into a sump...I think that if I was going to own a DIY sump, I would want to DIY it myself....or you may not get out of it what you put into it in making it a sump.