PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn and Torch are fighting each other

dasickle
04/14/2015, 08:12 PM
Noticed that much torch and frogspawn are battling each other under the moonlight. I thought they were from the same family and its safe to keep them in close proximity. In the image you can see that their tentacles are locked together and reached out.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=9954&pictureid=69295

Do I move them away from each other?

rlm2005
04/14/2015, 08:17 PM
They are from the same family but they don't like each other. Hammers and Frogspawn are usually fine next to each other. You will need to move one of those corals.

dasickle
04/14/2015, 09:23 PM
They are from the same family but they don't like each other. Hammers and Frogspawn are usually fine next to each other. You will need to move one of those corals.

Really? I had both of them for over a month and they had their tentacle brushing agains each other with no issues. Moving with the water flow.

rlm2005
04/14/2015, 09:51 PM
Really? I had both of them for over a month and they had their tentacle brushing agains each other with no issues. Moving with the water flow.

Yep, really. They know the other is there now, it won't get better. Just move one of them a little further away. What you are seeing with the tentacles grabbing like that is aggression.

CHizer
04/14/2015, 11:50 PM
They both look small so the problem will only get worse. I'd move one.

sabo
04/15/2015, 03:09 AM
The torch will likely win. I had a torch and frogspawn together for a while, the frogspawn eventually retracted and had to be moved.