PDA

View Full Version : Don't glue Arco frags upright since they will grow faster on their sides...?

Salty150
04/14/2015, 09:07 PM
Was just reading an in depth article regarding Arcos...

It stated:

Don't glue Arco frags upright since they will grow faster on their sides.

Never heard of this and every Arco frag I have seen is upright...

:confused:

GhostCon1
04/14/2015, 09:13 PM
If you lay the branch that was just fragged horizontally it has more contact surface to the frag plug. In theory it will encrust faster and also because of the horizontal placement, new corallites will branch off quicker than with vertical placement. Just be sparing with your super glue gel, a little dab to secure it while leaving as much tissue in contact with the plug as possible.

Hockeynut120
04/14/2015, 09:21 PM
Interesting, I'll have to give it a shot seems logical.

ca1ore
04/14/2015, 10:16 PM
Depends a it on the growth patter you want. If I want a single main 'stalk' and taller growth, quicker, I glue mine the traditional way. If I want wider and shorter growth I glue the frag on its side. Works for tomato seedlings too!

bambam918
04/15/2015, 12:34 AM
Recently started doing this, past year and I won't glue them upright anymore. Better spread for the base and better looking branches, I think.

schoch79
04/15/2015, 01:04 AM
OK so I know this is trivial and I'm only saying something because it's bugging me. The correct spelling is acro, not arco. Not sure if it was a typo on your fault but all 4 times you spelled it arco.

Flashy Fins
04/15/2015, 01:43 AM
Well, that explains why an acro frag I recently acquired is glued on its side. I thought it was odd and wondered if that side was bleached or something, but now I'm guessing not. Thanks!