PDA

View Full Version : Elegance owners question

Canneddynomite
04/16/2015, 05:44 PM
I just came to the office tonight and noticed one of my elegance corals which is about a few months old since it was seen at LFS and now in my tank, got the inflated short tentacle look but has subsided quite a bit and looks almost normal now. Do elegance corals inflate like that naturally when the lighting dims to night or is this possibly the start of the bacterial infection. Again I am not normally here at my office when the lights dim to blue but it is the first time I have seen it inflate that much. When I put my hands in the water sometimes they will partially inflate obviously sensing my hands. Its 16 gallon Nuvo btw and my other elegance 2 inches away looks perfectly normal. So basically just asking if elegance owners have witnessed this from time to time.

Bolivian Ram
04/17/2015, 04:28 AM
Don't worry they do that from time to time. Mine usually does it when something changes abruptly like lighting and flow. It goes back to normal right after.

Canneddynomite
04/17/2015, 09:49 AM
Yea you were right he looks great today, thanks for the reply.

hypostatic
04/18/2015, 04:07 PM
Yep, they go normally go through cycles of being inflated and deflated. I believe it's part of them expelling waste