PDA

View Full Version : Neptune DOS or Litermeter water change

johnyfalco
04/16/2015, 11:43 PM
I was interested in getting a doser for automatic water change, and like the idea of integration of the Neptune DOS into my Apex controller.
I want to put the doser in my basement and the display tank is on first floor.
I know the Litermeter doser, claims it can go 25ft vertical and pump 60 feet.
I only need 8 feet vertical but about 45 feet horizontal.
Does anybody know if the Neptune DOS is capable of this ???

water is wet
04/17/2015, 12:01 AM
nevermind misread

oseymour
04/17/2015, 05:10 AM
I was interested in getting a doser for automatic water change, and like the idea of integration of the Neptune DOS into my Apex controller.
I want to put the doser in my basement and the display tank is on first floor.
I know the Litermeter doser, claims it can go 25ft vertical and pump 60 feet.
I only need 8 feet vertical but about 45 feet horizontal.
Does anybody know if the Neptune DOS is capable of this ???

I'm not sure why you need the Doser to pump that high? You mentioned that the display tank is on the first floor, isn't your sump then in the basement? Then connect the doser there.

Breadman03
04/17/2015, 05:27 AM
The DOS will handle that without issue. I actually have my AWC going from fresh saltwater to my DT, then DT to coral QT, then to the drain. That helps ensure my QT parameters match my DT, especially when the QT gets about 12% daily water changes.

johnyfalco
05/30/2015, 04:08 AM
Sorry, I was a bit unclear. The Display Tank & SUMP is on the first floor and I wanted to put the water change barrel ONLY in the basement. Because I have run out of room in my cabinet underneath the D.T.
I have now, actually purchased a LiterMeter III and am now unsure whether to put the LMIII in the basement or up by the DT.
I emailed Spectrapure for a bit of technical advice but never received a reply. Lets hope I never need their "Customer Service" for a faulty product.

DaveMorris
05/31/2015, 11:50 PM
I would put the pump downstairs. I think it would work better for the pump to push the water up instead of trying to suck it up from above. You can also put a check valve on the line between the pump and your display tank. That will insure that the line keeps water in it.