PDA

View Full Version : Texas Aquarium

AirForceAquariu
04/17/2015, 09:27 AM
I haven't seen a thread started on this yet so I thought I might start one.

Anyone have any insight as to what they were trying to treat or what they put in their system to do it?

Dmorty217
04/17/2015, 10:47 AM
Flukes I believe it was. They used Dylox which has killed more than one tank in the past when it comes to aquariums

AirForceAquariu
04/17/2015, 10:57 AM
That is devastating. Why would they decide to risk it on such a large scale? I understand maybe on a small tank or two like it says they tried at first, but to just go ahead and put it in what I assume is a commonly plumbed series of DT's seems mighty risky.

I hope they get back on their feet soon. Thanks for the info there, you are one of the people who always seems to be in the know on such things.

Dmorty217
04/17/2015, 02:59 PM
That is devastating. Why would they decide to risk it on such a large scale? I understand maybe on a small tank or two like it says they tried at first, but to just go ahead and put it in what I assume is a commonly plumbed series of DT's seems mighty risky.

I hope they get back on their feet soon. Thanks for the info there, you are one of the people who always seems to be in the know on such things.

I read A LOT and am always reading threads on here... I think they used Dylox because there are some flukes that can be resistant to Prazipro. If they were set on dosing the whole tank like they did I would of thought that they would of used something like Chloroquine Phosphate to kill the flukes. Its not advertised to kill flukes but I know it does since I have used it for this same reason

ThRoewer
04/17/2015, 03:15 PM
They used Dylox with sharks - which you should never do because it is toxic to them.

BTW: there is another thread in the Fish Disease Section.