PDA

View Full Version : Wowowoowoowwowoow!!

jbaum81
04/17/2015, 11:36 AM
Loong story short; I decided to pull the trigger on some LR and sand from TBS yesterday. This was my first purchase and WILL NOT be my last. Placed my order yesterday afternoon and received a response from Richard in very short order. Richard asked when I'd like to have my stuff, I told him anytime -- the sooner the better. I don't think I blinked more than twice (slight exaggeration) before I had an airbill number in my Email box and was tracking my rock flying across the country live on the web. My rock arrived at my local airport, literally on the other end of the continent, late last night.

I woke up early this morning to go pick it up; I was in and out of the airport in under 5 minutes. I had everything "installed" by about 9:00am -- Roughly 18 hours after swiping my card.

So far I've seen a few urchins, a bunch of various snails, tons of sponges, a few small crabs (think tiny spiders), bunch of worms, barnacles, and one colony of some green polyps that appear to be some LPS -- Not sure yet. I've seen this much in just a few minutes of putting it in my ultra cloudy tank. I can't wait to get back home and see it when the water clears :spin1:

I'm beside myself impressed with the service and quality.. This is the way to go,, I'll never do anything else but this.

riverviewmike
04/17/2015, 12:01 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to getting my rock on Sunday. I am local so I am picking it up from Richard's home. Can't wait!

jbaum81
04/18/2015, 03:36 PM
@ Mike you're a lucky man!

I actually thought about seeing If Richard would let me fly out and pick out my own stuff for my 135 when it comes time to get that back up and going again.

A status update:

I "installed" everything yesterday morning all readings were zero (NH3, NO2, NO3).

Tested this morning around 8:00am Ammonia was around .5.

Around 2:00pm today I tested and came up with .5, .25 and ~15.

I debated it a little, but decided to go ahead and do a 20% water change. This die off is going to be significantly more bio load than I have planned for this tank anyways so I'm sure I won't see any adverse effects.

I'll be surprised if I'm not all zero's come Monday morning.