View Full Version : degassed water

04/18/2015, 09:37 AM
I have a maxcap 180 and got tired of killing the max cap di carts so I finished making a trash can worth of DI water that I degassed. Noticed that it didnt change the color any where near as drastically as just straight from the RO filters. Question is how long should/can I run the airstone (airstone straight into the RO water trashcan) the PH seemed to peak at 8.8 @approx 10 celcius (7.4 @approx 9 celcius off RO filters)

04/20/2015, 10:15 AM

My thought logic is that the more you aerate and longer is better. We have a co2 test kit to test the levels of co2 after it has been treated.

Make sure that your membranes rejection is doing well.

What are your tds numbers and pressure?

04/20/2015, 05:10 PM
TDS before RO is around 1100, after RO its 7 using your 99% rejection membranes. Pressure is 65PSI, and I'm using the green restrictor.

If it relevant , I am using a 5 micron sediment filter, and a 5 micron "chlorine" carbon filter before the maxcap, and in the two prefilters I have a .5 micron sediment, and a .5 carbon before RO.

04/21/2015, 10:13 AM
Gas will pass straight through the pre-filtration and membrane. This is why we need to remove the gasses before the DI. This will lengthen their life greatly.