PDA

View Full Version : degassed water

Tarawa
04/18/2015, 10:37 AM
I have a maxcap 180 and got tired of killing the max cap di carts so I finished making a trash can worth of DI water that I degassed. Noticed that it didnt change the color any where near as drastically as just straight from the RO filters. Question is how long should/can I run the airstone (airstone straight into the RO water trashcan) the PH seemed to peak at 8.8 @approx 10 celcius (7.4 @approx 9 celcius off RO filters)

thanks.

SpectraPure
04/20/2015, 11:15 AM
Tarawa,

My thought logic is that the more you aerate and longer is better. We have a co2 test kit to test the levels of co2 after it has been treated.

http://spectrapure.com/TEST-KITS-METERS/CHEMICAL-TEST-KITS/Carbon-Dioxide-Test-Kit

Make sure that your membranes rejection is doing well.

What are your tds numbers and pressure?

Jeremy

Tarawa
04/20/2015, 06:10 PM
TDS before RO is around 1100, after RO its 7 using your 99% rejection membranes. Pressure is 65PSI, and I'm using the green restrictor.

If it relevant , I am using a 5 micron sediment filter, and a 5 micron "chlorine" carbon filter before the maxcap, and in the two prefilters I have a .5 micron sediment, and a .5 carbon before RO.

SpectraPure
04/21/2015, 11:13 AM
Gas will pass straight through the pre-filtration and membrane. This is why we need to remove the gasses before the DI. This will lengthen their life greatly.

Jeremy