PDA

View Full Version : frozen food mail?

brianr24
04/19/2015, 04:36 PM
I only have my clowns 2 days maybe that's the issue. But I don't think they love the frozen food my LFS sells.I feed slowly out of syringe it works perfect they come right up even fly at food then kind of just look at or spit it out they eat a little it seems .but I don't think they go for it too much. I was curious if anyone gets their frozen food off amazon. if so how do they keep it frozen? Thx guys.

Dkuhlmann
04/19/2015, 05:44 PM
Get them New Life Spectrum Pellet food.

brianr24
04/19/2015, 06:05 PM
I have them and I do feed them.I want frozen to mix it up.they kind of do same with pellets they spit them they r the small one too

CStrickland
04/19/2015, 06:54 PM
I looked into it, and it's reeeeally expensive to have that stuff shipped.
Its a lot easier to go to the supermarket and buy some seafood. You can get diff kinds and smoosh them up in a blender like a fish smoothie, that is called "blender mush" and there are recipes you can google, some people add vitamins and stuff too. Of you can just buy get frozen stuff, or buy it fresh and freeze it, and use a small knife to shave off a little bit for your fish. Don't get anything that is packed in chemicals though.

I do the second one cause I'm not allowed to put squid it the blender :)
My fish really like clams, this is where I learned how to do it http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470736 but I give flakes sometimes too if I'm in a rush. I think once your fish are settled in they will be less picky.

kmbyrnes
04/20/2015, 04:15 AM
I do the second one cause I'm not allowed to put squid it the blender :)

Some people just don't get it. But you could always buy one of your own and refuse its use for Margaritas!

erndog1001
04/20/2015, 04:37 AM
One word CLAMS!!

Mark426
04/20/2015, 05:12 AM
Premium Aquatics is the only place I know that sends foods packed in dry ice so it will arrive still frozen. Most of the other places use cold packs and your food will most likely arrive melted.

brianr24
04/20/2015, 08:05 AM
Hey thx for the advice guys. And thx for the thread I'm going to look into it.

Dmorty217
04/20/2015, 08:12 AM
If you order frozen food online make sure whoever is shipping it uses dry ice and not cold packs

rhdoug
04/20/2015, 08:28 AM
I put in a large order from Dr F&S once or twice a year. 25 bucks for shipping, comes in a stryo box packed to the limit with cold packs. NEVER had a problem, food and cold packs both arrive hard as a rock. Well worth it, IMO.

Dmorty217
04/20/2015, 08:59 AM
I put in a large order from Dr F&S once or twice a year. 25 bucks for shipping, comes in a stryo box packed to the limit with cold packs. NEVER had a problem, food and cold packs both arrive hard as a rock. Well worth it, IMO.

Last time I ordered cold food from them the cold pack was very fluid but the food was still "cold" so it worked out but 2 day shipping in the hot days ahead could be a problem

rhdoug
04/20/2015, 09:28 AM
I think Dr F&S always ships frozen food overnight.

NTP66
04/20/2015, 11:11 AM
I buy 4-6 months worth of food at a time from Larry at LRS. Even in the middle of summer the food is frozen solid with how much dry ice and packing material he puts in it. Depending on which part of PA you're in, there are a number of stores that sell his food locally.

tkeracer619
04/20/2015, 12:51 PM
Hakari Mysis is a good food that most fish will readily eat. Maybe you could make a post in a local forum to see where those around you get their food.

Can the owner of the LFS not order different foods or are they stuck on the stuff they carry?

brianr24
04/20/2015, 05:34 PM
I don't know y I didn't think petco sold frozen. Well I called they actually have good selection of frozen foods. Thx guys. I picked up a few diff. Types see what they like.