PDA

View Full Version : Stock for a Bonsai Aquarium?

Azedenkae
04/20/2015, 08:12 AM
Hey guys, so I've had my bonsai aquarium setted up for a while now. It's a 0.26 gallon aquarium, and there was a Venus Anemone Shrimp (Ancylomenes venustus) for a while but I sold it since it seemed kinda lonely, and I wanted three, but it felt like even two was too much for that aquarium. So instead, there's just a lonesome Bubble Coral in there.

What do you guys reckon I can add in to keep my Bubble Coral, er, happy with company? :P Something that won't outgrow the tank. Maybe other corals of some sort? Sponges? Tunicates? What species specifically?

Oh and here's a video of it:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jtKaDcohbdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ReefsandGeeks
04/20/2015, 11:58 AM
Video blocked since I'm at work :( congrates on your 1,000 post though.
from live aquaria on the bubble coral "Because they can form long sweeper tentacles, be sure to provide plenty of room to prevent damage being done to its neighbors". I don't know how much space you can give in a .25 gallon tank. Maybe some zoas? They are easy and could do well with the same lighting and flow as the bubble.

Azedenkae
04/20/2015, 06:43 PM
Oh, thanks. Didn't even notice. XD

Yeah I do know Bubble Corals are crazy scary when it comes to stings - apparently even stuff like Torches, Hammers and stuff lose out, and possibly anemones. :P I have heard Zoas can do co-exist with Bubble Corals, so maybe that is the way to go. Hm... any ideas regarding Bubble Corals stinging sponges?