PDA

View Full Version : Reefkeep Feed Mode HELP GOING ON VACATION

4Hummer
04/21/2015, 07:34 PM
God I hate this POS Controller

I'm going on Vacation in a couple days, So I purchased a couple battery operated Auto Feeders. I figured I'd be able to "EASILY" setup up the Reefkeeper to go into standby mode every day at 7PM and have the feeders feed my fish. EASY and Digital Aquatics do not go hand in hand.

Not to my surprise there is no FEED MODE. or a Programmable Standby Mode (Kinda a basic function no?)

I've been trying to figure out how to get the Multi Timers to work. Hours later and many web searches later (including DA's forums) I'm still confused.

Can some one PLEASE post how to set this up. As I can't seem to get it to work

I want to power off Channel 4 (Return Pump) for 15 minutes every day starting at 7pm

And power off channel 2 (Skimmer and ATO Pump) for 25 minutes Everyday at 7 as well

james2662
04/21/2015, 08:00 PM
I would just set the Function for those as Light(other) and set the on time to when you want it to come back on and off time to the time to stop them. That function is really just a timer so it works for anything. Hope that helps.

DaveMorris
04/22/2015, 01:42 AM
Set up a timer to turn ON at 7:15PM and turn OFF at 7:00PM.
Set up a second timer to turn ON at 7:25PM and turn OFF at 7:00PM.
Assign each timer to its appropriate channel. Keep in mind that timers start their cycle at 12AM so the channels would not be ON until the system has cycled through that time period.

Another way you can do it if you have an unused PC4 channel or a PC1 (which has virtual channels) is to set a timer to turn ON the unused channel at 7PM and OFF at 7:15PM. Then set up an alarm that gets triggered by this channel turning ON. Assign that alarm to the channel that you want OFF from 7pm to 7:15pm. You can do the same thing for the other channel using the appropriate times.

4Hummer
04/23/2015, 07:40 AM
Thanks. Setting up the Pumps as Lights worked for me.

I probably had the Multi-Timer setup right but needed to wait a full 24 hours to test it.
(Really is wacky programming if you ask me)