PDA

View Full Version : Creature ID? Pods?

Clowny88
04/24/2015, 08:11 AM
So I'm seeing these guys in my chaeto and walking on my live rock... Not a ton but a few here and there.

They are about the size of a small ant, sort of see through, back tail curls under a little, and they don't swim... They crawl and walk on the live rock. Like a little bug.

It almost looks like a shrimp but doesn't seem to match anything I've Googled.

I do feed frozen brine shrimp from time to time. Is it possible these little guys are from frozen brine shrimp eggs? I don't think they are amphipods or copepods of some sort... But I could be wrong. Not hard to see at all so that's why I ruled out copepods.

homer1475
04/24/2015, 08:14 AM
Hard to tell without a picture.

Kyle461
04/24/2015, 08:22 AM
Sounds like amphipods. I was watching some of these suckers disappear into the rocks this morning.

Google Images is an amazing function!

homer1475
04/24/2015, 08:24 AM
Sounds like amphipods. I was watching some of these suckers disappear into the rocks this morning.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to give a proper ID without a picture.

Sugar Magnolia
04/24/2015, 11:28 AM
Mysid shrimp or amphipods would be my guess.

Clowny88
04/24/2015, 11:41 AM

Google Images is an amazing function!
Thanks, Kyle! Yeah hard to take a picture because they are so small. This looks like a winner.

I was on Google images searching brine/mysis shrimp and couldn't get a match. Thanks for the help!