PDA

View Full Version : Apex display went out??

Capt_Cully
04/27/2015, 07:34 PM
No clue. Nothing happened between yesterday and today. Just opened the stand and the display is out. Base unit lights are on. Can't really tell if it's working properly.

Is there a reset?
A fuse?
Any pointers?

CoralNerd
04/28/2015, 12:07 AM
Wierd my display screen was out also just a day or so ago. I tried fusion and it was working. Then I took the display off the velcro door put it back on and it was back working.

kurt_n
04/28/2015, 09:38 PM
I'd try rebooting the system and see if it doesn't come back to life. If not, then unplug the display and try a different Aquabus port. If *that* doesn't work, inspect the full length of the display cable and see if it is damaged anywhere. That cable is superduper thin and you wouldn't be the first one to have issues with it being damaged... say from a dog with no neck, like in your avatar picture! :) (Or is that a seal pup with paws?)

Capt_Cully
04/29/2015, 09:11 AM
Haha, thanks. Nothing was touched, not even my beloved Murphy-Dog who was more of a what, than a who. Alas, he poops on the floor of doggie heven.

Neptune got back to me and ran some diagnostics. I think you're right. I think it just needs to be reset. So I'll be trying this afternoon.

It's just strange that it just went out. No one near it. No ower surges, black out, thunderstorms or cused Hawaiian idol figurines.

Capt_Cully
04/29/2015, 03:54 PM
So far, the reboot and firmware update has done nothing. It's like the thing just up and croaked???

Jyetman
05/01/2015, 06:20 PM
How old is your display and apex system?

Capt_Cully
05/02/2015, 09:39 AM
Bought 12/2013.

JamesWang
05/10/2015, 10:09 AM
I have solid blue screen on display, but noticed the USB was rusted. Ugh- a brand new unit and I already got it wet (Before I even hooked it up to a TANK!).

Bummer, but I am using Fusion anyway so am not that upset.

Capt_Cully
05/11/2015, 05:00 AM
Got word it was a malfunction with one of the ICs (whatever that is). There was nothing I could have done to prevent it. It's out of warranty, so they'll fix & ship for $35. Fair enough.

It's not needed, but it is convenient, so I'll cough it up.

MoneyGone
05/11/2015, 09:48 AM
Got word it was a malfunction with one of the ICs (whatever that is). There was nothing I could have done to prevent it. It's out of warranty, so they'll fix & ship for $35. Fair enough.

It's not needed, but it is convenient, so I'll cough it up.

I pulled the wires out of the display on mine. Sent in for repair and cost was $35 also. Very quick turn around time as well.

lanshark
05/11/2015, 10:49 AM
Love my Apex, however, the cable choice for display (ridiculously thin and fragile) is a poor design ..... The two already superfine strands are split into four for soldering in the case and need a magnifying glass to see.... I predict a lot of display cable repairs for Neptune....

MoneyGone
05/11/2015, 02:25 PM
I agree they are really small and delicate.

Capt_Cully
05/15/2015, 02:19 PM
It's funny, once I set mine up, I have literally never touched it. Just went on the fritz.