PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding tank Backgrounds

music4life87
04/29/2015, 02:33 PM
I’m getting ready to start a new tank but I’m undecided on what I want to do for a background. Spray paint has always worked well for me in the past so I know I want to go that route again, but I’m a little over just seeing black and blue. This is going to be a softy coral tank with a couple clowns and I want to get the most out of the colors. My question is has anyone else used any other colors besides black/blue and if so how did it turn out with the corals and fish? Pictures would be a big help.

Thanks
Paul

Daniel62
04/30/2015, 01:06 AM
I feather my background with spray paint. Start with dark blue at the bottom and change to lighter shades as I move up to the top. I like the effect

Pife
04/30/2015, 09:40 AM
There are some threads of people doing light boxes behind the reefs. It gives a ton of depth.

dymaxiun
04/30/2015, 11:03 AM
There are some threads of people doing light boxes behind the reefs. It gives a ton of depth.

Is this visual something that can be demonstrated with a picture. Any examples? This sounds interesting.

rgulrich
04/30/2015, 11:25 AM
Here's a link to the thread - definitely something to look into if your aquarium is going up against a wall.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1868825&highlight=shadowbox
Some stunning photos in there and well detailed how-tos...
Cheers,
Ray