PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit

Bill Nye
04/29/2015, 03:50 PM
Hello everyone!

I have been doing a lot of research on Zeovit but I have a couple questions. I posted on the zeovit forums but it seems you just get a copy pasta from that g alexender guy and he didn't provide me with the information I needed.

My system is already ULNS with undetectable nitrates and phosphates. When you read the instruction manual it only mentions tanks with nutrient problems and those that are already running zeovit. Can anyone give me any advice as to how to start dosing zeobac and zeostart without totally crashing my tanks from low nutrients?

My sps are already somewhat pale but they are growing ... I am just looking to get those awesome zeovit colors. Since BRS has a 40% sale on their zeo products I was hoping someone could me some suggestions on what other important additives I should be buying while prices are cheaper.

So far my list goes as follows:
-zeovit stones
-Zeobac
-Zeostart
-Phols extra

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rburns24
04/29/2015, 11:12 PM
-
Hi. If I we're you, I would:-

-Use 1/2 the recommended amount of stones
-Run the reactor 3 hours on, 3 hours off for at least the first month
-Dose at the most, 1/2 the recommended dosage.
-Feed a bit more than you currently do

I tried Zeovit for a while and always ended up having my system too
nutrient poor off and on, so I gave it up.
Best of luck in your new endeavor with Zeovit. I'm sure others will
chime in with more advice :).
-

http://images.aquaticlog.com/aquarium/aquarium3921.png (http://www.aquaticlog.com/aquariums/rburns24/2)

plyle02
04/30/2015, 03:10 PM
more info on the tank, this is pretty important to figure out RX flow, amount of stones, and the dosing amount of zeostart3 and bak. Also, high quality GAC rinsed properly, and put into a sock which requires daily kneading. The RX needs to be placed after the skimmer in sump to allow the mulm to release into the water column to serve as fish and coral food, all remaining eventually returns back to sump and skimmed out. This is a tricky system, I had great success, however, I now use chaetomorpha in center chamber of sump to absorb nutrients, and dose small amounts of start3 and other coloring agents from zeovit, making my system more of a hybrid at this point. Best of luck, let me know via PM if I can assist you directly...
Best Regards,