PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Doser 2

Philster
04/30/2015, 09:02 PM
Hello, I just took delivery of my new GHL 2 dosing pump from Premium Aquatics. I must say this dosing pump looks to be very well built and the German made Thomas 24v dosing pumps look like very good quality. I just finished calibrating each pump and have connected the doser to my system when pump number 1 began to make a very audible screechy noise.

The pump was very quiet during the calibration process. Both of the other pumps are still very quiet. When I push down on the upper edge of the pump it becomes quiet. I have removed it and checked inside the pump and everything looks fine. What can you do to help this pump become silent again. I have each pump set on number 3 (fast). I am not dosing a lot, perhaps 60 ml every 24 hrs. Thanks,

Phil.

AQD_ottawa
05/01/2015, 10:15 AM
bit of dirt has got into the rollers, take the pump off you will see some squeeze tabs on the side, turn the pump on its back and there is a flat plate, remove this and clean and assemble, do not use lubricant.

Philster
05/01/2015, 02:39 PM
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I'll do that in a few hours and let you know how I make out.

Phil.

Philster
05/01/2015, 05:01 PM
I did exactly as you stated and the pump is once again silent. Thank you for the terrific support. :thumbsup:

Phil.