PDA

View Full Version : SCA 301 skimmer?

CMcNeil
05/03/2015, 08:54 PM
Who out there has one of these skimmers and how do you like it? I'm looking at one for a deep blue 20" x20" x16" tank with a 10g sump. I was also considering a bubble magus NAC 3.5.I'm trying to keep my cost as low as possible but get good quality equipment at the same time. I know that sounds like a contradiction but I'm sure you all understand my goal.I've already gotten a lot of great equipment used for great prices. Like a tunze 1073.04 return pump for $30(its almost new), a nano osmolator for $40,an mp-10 for $120.so I'm saving money where I can. I haven't be able to find a skimmer so figure I'll buy new.I've heard from a few people that the sca 301 works great and is quiet. The price is where I'd like to be since I have to buy the tank new and I'm getting an AI prime to light it and that will have to be new.so if you own a sca 301 tell me your likes and dislikes. Pros and con's.

Bill Nye
05/03/2015, 09:29 PM
The SC301 is a clone of the nac 3.5. I am running one on a 50 gallon breeder while my new skimmer breaks in. It is undersized so I upgraded but it skims very well and produces a thick foam. I think this would be the perfect skimmer for nano.

laredo300c
05/03/2015, 09:32 PM
I currently have one on a 93g rimless cube. I originally bought it for a 40g custom rimless i was thinking of getting , but fell in love with the 93g cube and bought it on the spot. I will be upgrading when my bioload increases.

So Far::: it seems to be working great, on a very small bioload and no corals yet. One coral beauty and 5 green chromis.
Built:::: feels extremely flimsy and somewhat cheaply made, but hey it does a great job.

CMcNeil
05/04/2015, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the responses