PDA

View Full Version : Elegance coral open but has short stumpy tentacles

serbusfish
05/06/2015, 05:21 PM
I have an Australian Elegance coral which I added it to my tank around a month ago, it has been opening up every day since. However today although it is fully open its tentacles are much shorter than usual. The only thing I did different to usual was yesterday I used Salifert KH+PH buffer to raise my KH. Everything else in the tank is doing fine, all corals are open and fish/inverts are happy.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Did the KH change perhaps shock it?

cloak
05/06/2015, 05:27 PM
The addition of that buffer probably just made it grumpy. If it doesn't bounce back to normal within the next 24 hours or so you might have to start looking for some answers. GL.

What exactly is your alkalinity btw? What was it before you started using that buffer?

serbusfish
05/06/2015, 06:15 PM
The addition of that buffer probably just made it grumpy. If it doesn't bounce back to normal within the next 24 hours or so you might have to start looking for some answers. GL.

What exactly is your alkalinity btw? What was it before you started using that buffer?

I will have to see how it is looking tomorrow.

KH was at 8 dkh, I only wanted to raise it a small amount but I made an error in the calculation. On the bottle it says 10 ml per 25 gallons, but I accidentally measured it at 20ml per 25 gallons. I only added 40 ml, but this bumped the KH up to 11dkh.

I really hope I havent killed the coral, but I suppose this will teach me a lesson about doing this sort of thing after a long tiring day at work :mad2: